LPRC is continually finding ways to fortify LPRC Member Stations with opportunities that help to increase your station’s value within the local communities served. We are consistently contacted by entities with public services announcements tailored specifically for Latino communities. LPRC is providing these in-kind PSA spots as Resources for your station to consider around topics that are specific to Latino communities. Your Station can utilize these PSAs as opportunities to develop tailored content, increase your social media and simply to service your local community. Please come back often as PSA Spots will be continually updated with new Latino-focused public service campaigns.
Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign
Back-to-School Outreach Materials:
- Radio PSA Script: “Back-to-School” in Spanish (PDF 104.33 KB)
- Newsletter Template: “Back-to-School” in Spanish
- Palmcard: “School Bus” in Spanish (PDF 304.91 KB)
- Twitter Image: “Back-to-School” in Spanish (PNG 916.38 KB)
- Sample Back-to-School Social Media Posts in Spanish (PDF 186.84 KB)
- 10 Things Schools Can Do (Young Boy) (PDF 796.21 KB)
- Here are some ways cities can use our Connecting Kids to Coverage campaign materials in their communities: 5 Things Cities Can Do (PDF 1010.78 KB)
- Here are some pre-scripted social media content and toolkit: Step by Step Social Media Guide (PDF 949.94 KB)
Outreach Tool Library: https://www.insurekidsnow.gov/library/index.html#PSA
Yale Center for Environmental Communication PSAs
These PSAs provide solutions on two topics:
- Yale Climate Connections aims to help citizens and institutions understand how the changing climate is already affecting our lives. Click here for more About this Campaign.
- Staying Safe During Extreme Heat: Why is this important? In the United States, heat waves claim more lives each year than hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and earthquakes combined.Many Latinos are unaware of the dangers of heat related illness. According to a report by the NRDC, Latinos are three times more likely to die on the job from excessive heat than non-Latinos.
- PSA Spots #1:
- Saving Money through Energy Efficiency: Why is this important? By improving energy efficiency and reducing energy consumption, people can save money and help protect the climate.
- PSA Spots #2:
- Letter from Director at Yale Climate Change Communication School of Forestry & Environmental Studies