How to Register
If your station wants to enroll in reporting to NPR Digital Services under the special pricing arranged through NFCB, here is what you need to do:
- Get in touch with NFCB to establish eligibility. LPRC has already provided information to NFCB regarding LPRC stations.
- Pay the annual fee of $275 to NFCB (NFCB will send an invoice)
- Register as an eligible station with CPB. website: http://www.cpb.org/stations/musicrights/
- Once you have registered with CPB, they will send log-in information.
- Log-in to CPB’s Music Rights site, review SoundExchange reporting guidelines, opt-in to be covered by the agreement and put the appropriate reporting systems in place at your station
- Register with NPR Digital Services http://digitalservices.npr.org/soundexchange-help-and-how-tos
- Provide quarterly reports to NPR Digital Services.
For alternatives to being covered by the CPB-SoundExchange Agreement, refer to these reporting guideline resources: GSB Law Streaming Copyright Basics (available on the group buys page of NFCB’s website); Spinitron Webcast Reporting Reference.